The Volunteer Screener supports the American Red Cross Volunteer Recruitment team. It's the first person that a prospective volunteer gets to talk with after applying to a volunteer position with American Red Cross.
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings with prospective volunteers.
- S tudies and learns each volunteer position description.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidates application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
- Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested. Provides prospective volunteers with information about the intake, referral and placement process.
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest, availability and available options.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
4 hours per week
Screening interviews can be conducted in the evenings as well as on the weekend or weekdays
* Enthusiastic about American Red Cross
* Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
* Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
* Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
* Previous experience with customer service is a plus
* HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
Four months, renewable
Orientation to the American Red Cross
* On-the-job training with volunteer supervisor
* Volunteer Connection Orientation
The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited for.