Housing Works is the largest community-based AIDS service organization in the United States, as well as the nation’s largest minority-controlled AIDS service organization. Since our founding, we have provided lifesaving services, such as housing, primary care, job training, and legal help, to more than 20,000 homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. We are able to offer these services through the revenue generated via our Bookstore Cafe and 14 Thrift Shops.
Housing Works is powered by a vibrant community of volunteers who lend their time, dedication, and passion to many different roles within our non-profit organization. By volunteering, you are directly responsible for providing funding to and advocating for New Yorkers affected by homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
As a volunteer you will be receiving some of the best professional training and experience that can lead to a lifetime of employment and productivity with us or anywhere else.
We are seeking a volunteer to assist our Loss Prevention manager with filing, preparing paperwork, and reporting incidents.
The Loss Prevention Support Volunteer will provide support to the Loss Protection Manager with assistance in Customer Service Database entry.
· Prepare, compile and sort documents
· Ensure accurate data has been entered in database
· Verify data and correct data where necessary
· Update data and delete unnecessary information
· Check completed work for accuracy and make any required changes immediately
· Assist in developing and maintaining records within the database system
If you have any of these qualities or skills listed below, then this would be a great opportunity for you:
· High School Diploma or Higher
· Great communication skills
· Great organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to analyze data
· Proficiency in MS Excel
· Any availability between 10 am and 5 pm: Monday-Friday.
· Minimum commitment of 4 hours a week