The Information Technology (IT) department provides technical services to all Los Angeles LGBT Center locations. Currently, the IT department manages the network, desktop/laptops, servers and phone systems for the Center. Systems includes O365, Exchange, SQL, and other services.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for performing a variety of support activities including but not limited to the remediation of desktop computer issues, the installation of desktop computers, and support of desktop computer users with their hardware and software needs. The intern will both resolve tickets in an incident management system and work on various projects and deployments as required. Must be available to come in at least 3 times a week.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provide desktop technical support for users of desktop hardware and software;
2) Will solve problems of moderate complexity without help, as well as discern when to include more senior staff to provide guidance;
3) Able to troubleshoot application issues including viruses, hard disk diagnostics and file repair, and data
4) Ability to troubleshoot printers and copier interfaces;
5) Track and resolve incidents and requests in an incident management system;
6) Perform a variety of support activities including inventory, install PCs and MAC systems, handle backup
tapes and coordination with outside technology vendors;
7) Build and deploy PCs and laptops including asset management task;
8) Troubleshoot and resolve technology incidents and request via a ticket queue;
9) Provide regular status updates to users during extended troubleshooting efforts;
10) Provide telephone, email, and walk-up support as needed and log those interactions as tickets;
11) Collaborate with intern technology teams for urgent and complex issues;
12) Be knowledgeable about and apply company policies to customer requests;
13) Other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Technical knowledge of Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2016/O365 products, Mac OS is a plus;
2) Excellent customer service skills; proficiency in troubleshooting desktop computer issues, both hardware and software; Excellent team player attitude;
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
4) Capacity to work with minimum supervision;
5) Experience with supporting mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile);
6) Ability to handle multiple task, prioritize appropriately, and remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues; Customer-focused with a "service first" mentality;
7) Must possess a strong dynamic character, capable of dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment;
8) Ability to travel to other Center locations;
9) Responsible, respectful and dependable;
10) Demonstrate ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientation and gender identities in a multicultural setting.
1) Opportunity based on experience;
2) Training will be provided on site.
E-mail cover letter and resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org