This role is a part time, volunteer position as an Executive Director for a starting Non Profit. This will be an annual commitment with the hope of becoming long term and a paid position.
The Non Profit supports African American Lesbian Youth who have experienced backlash and lack of support from family and friends due to their sexuality.
The agency will seek to provide supports to these youth through different avenues and programs with a goal of helping them be admitted to a college and receive scholarships. The program will work with them through high school.
Eventually, this agency wants to have a home for the African American Lesbian Youth who are put our of their family homes to prevent homelessness or going from home to home which can have a negative effect on their education.
The executive director will start by:
Marketing the agency
Develop community relationships
Plan and host events
The ideal candidate will:
- have an interest in helping youth (African American Lesbians)
- working on a degree or have a degree
- have experience leading an organization
Executive Director Minimum Requirements:
-Ability to commit to at least 2 virtual meetings a month and at least 5 events in person annually with the Board.
- One year minimum commitment
- Support with community awareness regarding the organization and events
- financial support to build a scholarship fund and to host events (no more than $100 over the year)
- ability to contribute talents where applicable
- at least three speaking engagement (can be virtual or in person) about your interests and career.