* Assessing evacuation and post-evacuation shelters for accessibility and assisting with solutions of noted issues.
* Coordinating with governmental and community partners, other functions and activities to meet the disaster-related access and functional needs of individuals, families, and communities.
* Training disaster operations workforce, including EBVs, on supporting clients and co-workers with disabilities and others with access and functional needs.
* Maintaining clear communication and collaboration with supervisor and peers.
* Providing feedback on disaster impact and community recovery, collecting essential elements of information.
* Providing accurate reporting of disability integration activity as assigned.
Time commitment is 8-12 hours per day during times of disaster response for multiple, consecutive days. (In other words, this person is expected to stand up on disaster operations when their local territory is impacted and potentially provide support for regional events.) Time commitment is flexible and varied during "steady state".
* Good organizational skills, responsible, and punctual.
* Active listening skills.
* Ability to implement Standards and Procedures and follow associated job tools including reporting requirements.
* Ability to interact with community members in a clear, compassionate manner.
* Ability to involve appropriate others in managing problems and conflict.
* Commitment to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
* Ability to coordinate effectively with governmental and non-governmental partners.
* Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
* Ability to drive at daytime and nighttime.
* Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods.
* Ability to lift 20 lbs.
* Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
* Ability to work in extreme heat and/or humidity or extreme cold.
* Ability to speak clearly on phone or in person.
Works successfully with all other team members to successfully complete tasks.
* Orientation to the American Red Cross
* Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
* Everyone is Welcome
* Psychological First Aid