One in 5 people is affected by serious mental illness in the US in any given year. NAMI is the nation's largest grass roots organization comprised of mostly volunteers. We are Charitable Magazine's choice for one of 100 top organizations most likely to change the world. And we're doing just that! We offer free education classes, support groups, and resources to families in crisis. Our volunteers reach out to the community to let them know we're here to help. We do interviews and radio shows. We advocate for better systems of care for people with mental health conditions. We eliminate stigma!
NAMI-SFV needs energetic Recruitment Assistants with an easy smile to help others join our extraordinarily timely and necessary mission. Here's what you'll be thoroughly trained to do:
- Make return calls and/or send standard response email to people already interested in volunteering to welcome them to our community
- Ask predetermined questions to gauge interest and skills in order to match potential volunteers with available opportunities
- Add their pertinent information to our database
- Send potential volunteers an application to complete and return electronically
- Send potential volunteer confirmation and follow-up emails based on roles assigned by recruiters
- Ensure volunteers receive an invitation to our onboarding process
- Obtain email and database credentials for applicable volunteers
- Promote our community-centric culture by exemplifying it (Kindness, Authenticity, Creativity, Diversity & Transparency)
If helping people find their way to give back is something you're interested in doing, you'll be happy in this role. If you are looking to enhance your resume or earn community service hours, this is a good oppotunity for you too. Click the "I want to help" button! Be sure to include a phone number!