Are you looking to evolve your purpose in life? Consider joining a board for a non-profit that is driven by a singular mission with a huge impact:
The Gift of Adoption Fund seeks to fill the void that separates child from family through adoption completion grants, giving vulnerable children a permanent home and the chance to thrive.
Gift of Adoption is a national 501(c)(3) that provides the final funds that prospective adoptive parents need to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children from within the U.S. and from around the world.
Networking and fundraising are the primary responsibilities of board members.
To fundraise, we organize fun social events, online campaigns and more. The board currently consists of professionals who volunteer their time and connections to further the cause. You can live anywhere in the state but are expected to participate in monthly calls and, ideally, quarterly in-person meetings. 100% of the money we raise goes directly to completing families' adoptions in your state.
We are a team of smart, dedicated (and, we like to think, fun!) people who believe that a loving family is a basic human right.
We are looking for Board Members who:
- Are passionate about volunteering to help children.
- Have creative fundraising ideas and the motivation and social network to make them happen!
- Are connected to and/or interested in outreach to the local business community.
- Enjoy connecting people and finding partnership opportunities.
- Are comfortable reaching out to their network of family and friends about a good cause.
- Have strong communication skills, and are highly organized.
- Want a volunteer opportunity that makes a permanent difference!
We expect that you will:
- Help plan and attend fundraising events.
- Make a personal gift each year that you serve.
- Work with the other board members to collectively raise money to fund adoptions.
- Participate in one board call a month.
- Attend a quarterly in-person meeting.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
Reach out to us today with the following information:
And please note that this is a volunteer, un-paid position. Our Board Members typically serve 3-year terms. Click the links below for more information!