Volunteer Warehouse Assistant
Position Location: PALNV Offices
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Time Commitment: Volunteer must commit to at least one three hour shift a week.
Goals / Objectives:
This job is critical to pet food bank operations, ensuring we can continue to meet the needs of our veteran, senior, low income, and homeless clients' pets each month.
- Moving, organizing, and inventorying pet food and other supplies in the pantry, and helping the coordinator with additional tasks to ensure that food bank operations are performed at the highest level.
- Assist with the distribution of bagged food for clients and route driver pick-up
- Assist with various tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Manager
- General cleaning
- Ability to follow work plans, both independently and as part of a group.
- Able to work at least one three-hour shift per week
- Lift up to 30 pounds on occasion
- Some lifting and bending; full range of motion in lower and upper extremities and use of back
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or GED
- Must attend Volunteer Orientation
- Complete informal training given by Warehouse Manager
- Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm