PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The PASS Program involves working with citizens who feel they need to give up their animals at the shelter and help them find alternatives such as low-cost vet care, training and temporary boarding solutions and rehoming resources - and everything in between! This individual would provide assistance in-person at Dallas Animal Services.
SALARY/PAY RATE: Volunteer
TIME REQUIREMENT: 3-4 hours per month. PASS is at Dallas Animal Services every Wednesday/Saturday that there are volunteers willing to help. A volunteer can work more than one shift during the same day if desired, however this is not a requirement.
The shifts PASS typically partakes in are (CST):
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Assist citizens with Dallas Animal Services by offering resources to prevent surrenders. If animals are surrendered, communicate with DPA Rescue team to network for potential DPA fosters. Enter information about citizens and animals assisted in tracking system. Assist with citizen follow up.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be local to Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Ability to attend PASS online training is required before volunteering at Dallas Animal Services.
- Google Drive experience preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills, accountability and professionalism
- Counseling, social work or rescue experience is helpful
- Must exhibit compassion for individuals considering surrender of their pet.
- Bilingual language ability helpful but not required.
- Willingness and passion to save pets' lives!