Membership is the lifeblood of the Human Rights Campaign. Our members are the reason we accomplish so much in the fight for full LGBTQ equality. Membership Outreach committee works to build HRC’s base of members and supporters in the Houston area. The primary ways we do this are:
- Organizing HRC presence at Houston Pride including recruiting and training volunteers for the festival and parade
- Arranging for HRC table or booth at local events and festivals to talk with people about HRC and recruit members with HRC’s popular t-shirts and other merchandise
- Organizing creative and fun membership outreach events to attract new and diverse members and raise funds for HRC’s work.
Leaders are responsible for:
- Providing leadership and organization to achieve membership and financial goals
- Building the Membership Outreach subcommittee
- Serving on the HRC Houston Steering Committee, which meets monthly, and collaborating and supporting overall Houston goals and HRC’s national priorities.