To apply, please fill out online application at www.arshtcenter.org/internships
As the focal point of performing arts activity in South Florida, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County serves as a showcase for the finest in established and developing performing arts programs. The Center is the foundation on which established resident organizations build their programs and extend their reach. The Center also serves as a laboratory, providing first class accessible facilities for smaller, emerging and developing organizations and for the Center’s own innovative productions and events.
The Center provides our diverse audiences with opportunities to share South Florida's many cultures, offering insights and understanding. As an educational resource, the Center broadens the horizons of our children and enhances our quality of life by
offering a full range of cultural learning experiences.
This program is designed to introduce interns to all facets of management including but not limited to: managing various personalities, team building, managing team expectations, the importance of intrapersonal communication, organizing and
conducting meetings/presentations and developing people skills.
The Management Intern assists the Volunteer Services Manager with:
* Managing upwards of 200 Arsht Center Volunteers
* Intern recruitment, interview and hiring process
* Volunteer recruitment, orientations and trainings
* Brainstorming to develop new departmental procedures and policies
* Reviewing current management procedures in effort to identify and improve efficiencies
* Database entry and analysis to determine departmental needs, strengths and weaknesses
* Devising strategies to create new programs that satisfy the majority of various personalities
* Development and implementation volunteer/intern recruitment strategies
* Development and implementation of departmental organizational strategies
* Data entry, show preparation and other tasks as assigned
* Junior, senior or graduate status (College/University) pursuing a degree in Management or related field.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
* Minimum 16 hours of availability in Arsht Center offices per week between 9:00 am and 5:30pm.
* Acute attention to detail, strong interest in the arts.
* This is an unpaid internship, but it can be taken for school credit. Please check with your school for more details.