The Employment Services intern will assist CLUES’ Employment Services Department and Employment Coaches in facilitating employment related programming offered at CLUES (Pathways to Employment).
Position Type: Unpaid Internship (Volunteer)
- Workshop (Pathways to Employment) schedule is Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm;
minimum of 3 days per week at that schedule
- Additional hours available outside of workshop schedule
- Intern minimum time commitment: must commit to at least 10-15 hours per week for 3 months
Location(s): CLUES Minneapolis: 720 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
CLUES St. Paul: 797 East 7 th Street, St. Paul, MN 55106
- Assist with the facilitation of daily Pathways to Employment classes
- Assist Employment Coach with updating and maintaining client information in agency computer system
- Data Entry employment information into various excel spreadsheets
- Identify and engage interested employment clients and make necessary referrals
- Schedule appointments to meet with the Employment Coach as needed
- Meet one-on-one with walk-in clients for half-hour appointments to work with them on their employment search.
- Assist with open computer lab hours; monitor and assist clients in lab as needed
- Update CLUES’ BLOG with upcoming trainings, job fairs, hiring days, job postings, and community events
- Assist with department mailings
- Assist with organization and maintenance of the Career Center
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, agency policies and other applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards
CLUES reserves the right to terminate an internship or volunteer commitment if behavior is not in compliance with CLUES policies.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible, punctual, encouraging, flexible, friendly, and respectful to diverse populations, values, and backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of customer service and/or professionalism in the workplace
- Knowledge of resume and cover letter formatting and a comfort level with computer and internet use.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Somali
- Great organizational skills
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to facilitate a workshop and is comfortable with public speaking
Requirements & Training:
- Pass an interview and attend an initial training and orientation with the position Supervisor.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- As a condition of continued service, volunteer may be required to submit to periodic re-verification of these background checks.
For More Information and/or to Apply: