Exponents, Inc. a non-profit organization, seeks an energetic and committed individual, to work with participants in an Adult Literacy Program, in anticipation of taking the High School Equivalency Examination.
1) Prepare lesson plans for Math, English, Science and Social Studies subject areas;
2) Provide group and individual instructional sessions;
3) Assess participants in areas in need of further development and provide tutoring sessions, to help enhance their skills;
4) Assist with online High School Equivalency practice questions, in preparation for taking the exam;
5) Work closely with other program staff, to help identify and recruit participants in need of adult education services;
Class sessions are 3 days a week, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Sessions are from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Students attend either the morning or afternoon session. Participation in the morning or afternoon depends on the results of the TABE test.
Exponents' Adult Literacy Program is centrally located at 17 Battery Place, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10004. The volunteer is provided with stipend and metro cards, to cover lunch and transportation expenses. You can contact Yvonne Soto, Director, Transitional & Vocational Services for more information. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Her office number is (212) 243-3434 ext. 312.