Franciscan Hospice is seeking kind and caring individuals to share their time and talents with our hospice patients and their families.The comprehensive training you receive will help you to open your heart to understanding the circumstances a hospice patient and their loved ones are facing, and give you the practical and emotional tools to feel confident about offering them the assistance you have been trained to provide.
Qualified Volunteers Must:
· Be 16 years of age and older
· Pass criminal background and character reference
· Provide copy of current driver’s license, car insurance, and record of flu shot
· Be available to volunteer up to 4 hrs a week for one year
· Have the ability to listen with empathy and without judgement
· Have respect for all people no matter their creed, culture, gender or lifestyle
· Maintain confidentiality
· Complete the screening, training, reporting, and ongoing education required of all volunteers
· Complete a 2-step tuberculosis skin test
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join our community of compassionate volunteers, please contact the Pierce County Volunteer Coordinator via email at EmilyMunn@chifranciscan.org or call at 253-534-7646.
Or complete the application on the Franciscan Hospice & Palliative Care website: