CHI Franciscan Hospice and Palliative Care works together as a team of professionals and volunteers to discover and meet the unique needs of hospice patients and their families, providing them with both practical and emotional support. Whether it's a private home, skilled nursing facility, adult family home, or the Franciscan Hospice House, we meet our patients where they are to offer both comfort and companionship.
Qualified Volunteers Must:
· Be 16 years of age and older
· Pass criminal background and character reference
· Provide copy of current driver’s license, car insurance, and record of flu shot
· Be available to volunteer up to 4 hrs a week for one year
· Have the ability to listen with empathy and without judgement
· Have respect for all people no matter their creed, culture, gender or lifestyle
· Maintain confidentiality
· Complete the screening, training, reporting, and ongoing education required of all volunteers
· Complete a 2-step tuberculosis skin test
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join our community of compassionate volunteers, please contact the Pierce County Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com or call at 253-538-4649.
Or complete the application on the Franciscan Hospice & Palliative Care website: www.chifranciscan.org
Look for Hospice and Palliative care under "Our Servcies" and click on "become a volunteer"