ACE provides academic support and enrichment activities for students as soon as school is released. Your role would be to assist staff in planning activities, setting up and breaking down events, and ultimately tutoring students during the homework hour.
Your main roles would include:
1. Facilitate teaching through: non-direct questions, challenge your students and refer students to various resources.
2. Promote group problem solving and critical thinking by helping students: to critically assess evidence and to define issues and synthesize information.
3. Promote efficient group function by: assisting the group to set early goals and sense/solve problems within the group. Serve as a role model for productive ways of giving feedback
4. Promote individual learning by: helping students to develop a study plan, consider student goals; help students improve study methods.
5. Evaluation through: reviewing and clarifying student goals with the group, help students define personal objectives; review learning achievements and ensure that the student gets feedback; report on individual student learning progress.