The Cultural Arts Program is responsible for the Los Angeles LGBT Center’s Renberg and Davidson/Valentini Theatres, along with the Advocate & Gochis Gallery. The theatre program produces theatre, comedy, and music events.
Theatre volunteers serve as ushers and greeters, and may also be asked to assist with set-up, break-down, clean-up and food and beverage service at post-performance receptions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeter-Ticket Checker-Crowd Director
- Stand at the front gate, greet and direct people to parking, the will call table, the box office, the theatre;
- Crowd control.
- Check for tickets and mark as present (this is handled electronically on iPads provided by the box office);
- Usher/Sign-Up/Line Monitor
- Ask people to sign up for The Village mailing list and pass out programs (if any) before the door opens;
- Monitor audience movement in and out of the door to the theatre.
- Occasional set-up, break-down, clean-up (picking up items left in theatre, e.g., programs, water bottles, etc.), as well as food and beverage service at post-performance receptions;
- For Gallery openings: assist with room set-up and help prepare refreshments for the food/beverage tables; staff the refreshment tables and replenish supplies from community kitchen as needed; help put away leftovers and clean up in the Gallery if needed;
- Must report to events one hour before start time;
- Attire: dressy casual preferred; neat and clean a must.
- Other tasks as directed by the house manager
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good people skills - personable, tactful and diplomatic;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Responsible, respectful and dependable;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientation and gender identities in a multicultural setting.
TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND/OR LICENSURE:
Opportunity based on experience.
E-mail cover letter and resume as an attachment to email@example.com