The Volunteer Resources department supports the services and activities of the Los Angeles LGBT Center by developing and providing opportunities for individuals to be involved in the community through the commitment of their time, talents and resources. The Community Engagement and Outreach Team will help increase volunteer engagement with the organization through community activities and fundraising events in addition to the promotion of outreach initiatives.
This position supports the Community Engagement and Outreach Team’s goal of increasing the visibility and exposure of the Los Angeles LGBT Center through fostering meaningful relationships with community partners and benefactors. The primary focus of the TimeOut Project Specialist is to introduce and inform the community about the Los Angeles LGBT Center’s programs and services by soliciting in-kind tickets donations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicit in-kind ticket donations and develop meaningful relationships with community partners;
- Develop strategies to build and maintain the list of benefactors and community partners contributing to the program;
- Maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing in-kind donations;
- Communicate and steward relationships with community partners and benefactors;
- Provide detailed and explicit feedback to Volunteer Resources about goals, plans, and outcomes;
- Attend at least one Get Centered! Tour hosted by Volunteer Resources;
- Engage community partners in conversations and dialogues regarding the Los Angeles LGBT Center’s resources and services.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with the LGBT community and familiarity with issues of relevance to LGBT people;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientation, and genders in a multicultural setting;
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in direct mail, telemarketing, and database management preferred;
- Organized and detail orientated;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Works well independently and as part of a team;
- Responsible, respectful and dependable;
- Volunteer Resources will provide necessary training.