YWCA Silicon Valley's mission is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Join us by supporting a wide range of nonprofit philanthropic, fundraising, and event-oriented activities.
Inspire Luncheon: YWCA’s signature fundraising event attracting over 1,200 attendees, including corporate and community leaders, elected officials, and Silicon Valley professionals.
Tribute to Women Awards: Showcases women in Silicon Valley who exemplify and reflect the innovation, creativity and excellence the Silicon Valley is known for.
Walk A Mile In Her Shoes: Walking together, with brave men of Silicon Valley in heels, we’ll be raising funds, awareness, and eyebrows to empower survivors of violence through life-changing services offered by the YWCA Silicon Valley.
- Actively participate in pre-event, event-day, and/or post-event activities, such as planning, organizing, inventory, coordinating, researching, tracking, documenting, interacting, promoting, marketing, etc.
- Serve as an ambassador to the YWCA Silicon Valley, effectively communicating, visually and verbally, in-person, over the telephone, and electronically (e-mail), on events, keeping with organizational branding requirements.
- Work in compliance with all legal requirements, and organizational and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Fluent in English with oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, thorough, organized and reliable.
- Ability to execute administrative tasks. Skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook (e-mail).
- Ability to lift, bend and carry items up to 30 pounds with assistance, if required.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team; be open to feedback, and seek guidance, direction and input from others.
Training & Other Requirements:
- Completion of orientation sessions to develop comfort level in nonprofit philanthropic, fundraising, and event-oriented activities related to the Inspire Luncheon, the Tribute to Women Awards, and Walk A Mile In Her Shoes.
- Completion of all policies and procedures documentation.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 100 hours of service.
Volunteer 4+ hours each week, on a mutually convenient schedule, Mondays through Fridays, between 9:00am and 5:00pm, and occasionally in the evening/on a weekend, by supervisor request.