The Food Services Volunteer Leader is responsible for general coordination of all food services in the kitchen, dish room and behind the food line. The Volunteer Leader works alongside Food Services staff to ensure quality food services, cleanliness in the kitchen and volunteer engagement in meaningful service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Family Grill Meal Leader (when present) to ensure that volunteers are placed in the Family Grill to clean the space and assist families during meals
- Check-in with the Staff Lead for the day/shift to find out the priorities of cleaning, cooking, prepping, etc.
- Share the mission of Metropolitan Ministries with each new group or individual volunteer(s) who are placed in the kitchen
- Place volunteers in areas within the kitchen to achieve the goals of the day - dishwasher, prepping, meal site support, ITB support, clean up, serving, cooking, etc.
- Train volunteers on how to serve meals with dignity and to meet our various requirements
- Ensure that all volunteers meet dress code and safety requirements during their volunteer shift
- When available, coordinate individual and group volunteers to accomplish all outlined duties above
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years in Food Services
- Ability to plan and organize work, with attention to detail
- Customer Service experience