Do you enjoy conducting and creating engaging presentations?
Do you care about developing the organization you volunteer for?
This is the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Meta volunteer of the People Management Team, the Sr. Training and Development Specialist is an integral part in the success of Advance Social Innovation. The Sr. Training and Development Specialist works in a collaborative team environment and uses instructional design and adult learning methodologies to analyze volunteer training needs, design and develop content, define measurement strategies to assess the effectiveness of learning programs, and manage organization-wide tracking of all trainings. This requires interacting with all volunteers, gaining a keen understanding of ASI, collaborating with founders, and continuously looking for ways to enrich the volunteer’s knowledge and professional development.
In order to be considered for this position, please apply via volunteer match, and send a power point presentation that you have created to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this post. OR, you can create a 3-5 powerpoint about any topic of interest.
- Identify and formulate the learning strategy of the organization.
- Design and execute learning activities that are highly engaging and support learning objectives of the organization.
- Conduct feedback surveys, focus groups, interviews and observations to identify training needs
- Implement training presentations to engage and develop our volunteers, which includes the design of engaging training modules basis various target groups.
- Conduct various training and development presentations with effective training delivery.
- Evaluate, track training hours, % Volunteer coverage, follow-up on programs to ensure goal accomplishments and business outcomes.
- Revise current presentations in place to ensure high engagement from a visual and content standpoint. We want our presentations to tell a story!
- Collaborates with business partners throughout the organization to develop curriculum design, implementation and evaluation.
- Creates training plans and curriculum that align with the department objectives.
- Lead training and development specialist through mentoring and development approach.
- Serves as a recognized positive change agent.
- Minimum of 7 hours volunteer engagement per week.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ training and development experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong track record as being strategic.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
- Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization.