Reporting to the Founder of ASI and Sr. Communication Specialist, the specialist assists with guiding the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate ASI's mission. The specialist will be eager to find new ways of achieving excellent results. Motivated by opportunity to puzzle out challenges that have not been solved before now.
The Communication Specialist will work closely with a senior peer groups within the organization to effectively implement ASI’s communication objectives. In order to be considered for this position, please apply via volunteer match, then provide ONE of the following power point presentation, writing sample, or any particular content that you have implemented. Please send to email@example.com and reference this role.
- Develop and execute an internal communication strategy and plan, which may include creating and publishing a wide variety of materials such as presentations, email messages, web content, newsletters, etc. Measure impact and work cross-functionally to support evolution of growing organization.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to create engaging power point training presentations for volunteers.
- Together with the support of her/his team & input from the management team, assist with developing, implementing, and evaluating the quarterly communications plan for ASI.
- The Specialist will also assist in choosing photographs, info graphics, and related items that support the content.
- Assist with the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Support the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, & brochures.
- Provide recommendations related to the coordination of webpage maintenance-ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, videos, campaigns, and events) is posted.
ASI is seeking support from Communications Specialist, who has at least 5 years of communications experience, ideally in an "in-house" leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters, PPT developments, and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 hours volunteer engagement per week.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- Photography and/or graphic design skills
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer.
- Relationship builder.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization.