|Company type||Charitable company|
The mission of Communities Overcoming Violent Encounters (COVE) is to provide shelter, protection and advocacy to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault as well as to educate the community on the root causes of violence. Services are provided in Mason, Lake and Oceana counties to all individuals.
COVE provides the following services, free of charge, to those in need of its services:
* 24 HOUR CRISIS LINE * Safety Planning * Individual Advocacy * Group Support
* Crisis Support * Legal Advocacy * Medical Advocacy * Housing Assistance
* Transportation Assistance * Crime Victim Compensation Assistance
* Assist residents with establishing new homes by equipping them with donated clothing, furniture & needed goods from our Friend Store/Donation Station.
* SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Unit- 24 hour on- call, Certified Nurses perform forensic sexual assault exams to collect evidence.
COVE works proactively in the community to prevent domestic violence and sexual assault by providing Outreach & Educational programs, DV/SA, Teen Dating Violence & Work Place Violence presentations to businesses, church groups and classrooms. We hold special events & set up booths to increase public awareness & education.