|Company type||Charitable company|
NeighborLink Indianapolis is a private nonprofit organization that provides free home repairs and related services to low-income seniors and individuals with disabilities within Marion county, Indiana. We have one mission--to allow seniors in need to stay in their own homes safely and with dignity.
NeighborLink Indy provides free home repair and maintenance services in 11 specific categories to very low-income seniors within Marion County Indiana. These include
1. Plumbing and heating services
2. Electrical safety
3. Ceiling and wall repair
4. Floor and tripping hazard issues
5. Roofing problems
6. Water penetration
7. Maintenance related painting
8. Yard work
9. Major cleanup services
10. Safety and accessibility (rails, grab bars, handles, bathroom accessibility, etc.)
11. Help resolving Health Department citationsNeighborLink Indianapolis was created in 2013 to help low-income seniors with home repairs. Seniors in need call our phone number and are guided through a process that ends with their requests being posted on the NeighborLink Indy website. NeighborLink coordinates a network of volunteers who assess the problem, recruit the right help, and get the work done. We use local volunteers where possible, skilled handymen and local professionals who make their services available without charge, and we pay for services when necessary for legal, safety or other reasons.